Monday, July 7, 2008

Our new baby!

Sorry that I have not been updating the blog the last couple weeks. I started my 2 week college course and I've been busy. If Jack would let me on the computer at home, I wouldn't have a problem, but he insists on playing the computer when I am on. Boys!

Well, if you're reading this then I am sure you are aware that Kiley was very sick this past winter. She has been diagnosed with some common airborne allergies, with one of them being our beloved dog. JD has been my family for 8 years. If it really came down to it, I would say "goodbye" to my beloved dog, but we are trying our best to keep him.

Since we are trying to keep him, we have schedule every other week grooming sessions for our happy little dog, JD. When I say happy, I hope you realize that I am truly joking. The phrase for JD in our house is "Oh, he's just a grumpy ol' dog." Jack even says that now. It's really quite cute. Today was JD's first session. I was hoping to get him shaved, but he would not have any of it. Poor Terri, the groomer, called me and said she would just be bathing, drying and cutting his nails. I don't care what she did, the dog looks FABULOUS! I don't think he has ever looked this good.

In other efforts to make our home "Kiley friendly." We have been on the look out for a good HEPA filter and vacuum. We are still looking for the filter, but we have found our vacuum. We truly did not want to spend this much money on a vacuum and we are actually embarassed that we did so, but we did. We bought the Dyson model DC17 Absolute Animal.
Photobucket
Believe it or not, it truly is worth the money. We used our old vacuum over the carpet really well and then went over it again the "animal." I cannot believe how much was sucked in to the canister. It makes us feel really dirty, whick we are not dirty people. It's really scary what lives in your carpets. :(

As soon as I get a chance, I will post pics from our trip to the beach yesterday. Jack had a great time.

No comments: